Floral and Lace Maxi Dress 1970s
Summer Floral delight!
This is a 1960s/70s pretty floral maxi dress by Angela Gore, London label. In a 'Victorianna' style popular in the late 60s early 70s, which is also so wearable now, it would grace any Summer occasion. Perhaps even tripping to the shops with a straw basket?
- a fabric which is a semi sheer floral pattern on an off white backgroundtogether with ivory/cream fabric in a self coloured pattern (see photos) which mirrors the background pattern in the floral fabric
- to the front bodice; a deep 2.5" waist panel in the floral fabric
- a high stand up neck trimmed with 2 rows of lace,
- full sleeves trimmed with 3 rows of lace down the length of the centre of the sleeve which is gathered into an elasticated cuff
- a layered skirt:
- the bottom being a full skirt in the self coloured fabric with 4 rows of lace around the bottom
- the top overlaid skirt (in the floral fabric) falls away in a curve from the centre of the front waist with the edges also trimmed in lace
- long ties in the floral fabric from the side waist panel which tie at the back
- a full lining to skirt, bodice and sleeves
- an original metal long back zip from the neck to below the waist, hook and eye at base of collar
- fabric which is either cotton or a poly/cotton mix. As there is no fabric label I cannot be definitive as to the fabric. The lining is probabaly acetate. The sleeve lining is a fine sheer nylon. The dress has been and can be hand washed with care despite the label stating dry clean.
The dress is in excellent condition
Approximate current size: UK size 8
Original vintage size (per label): UK size 12
Measurements (all laid flat):
Hips up to 40" (due to being gathered at waist)
Sleeve length( armpit to sleeve cuff/hem) 15"
Across shoulders (outer edge seam to seam) 14"
Centre back to waist 15.5"
Skirt length (waist to hem) 39.5
Dress length (centre back to hem) 55"